Chateau Calon-Segur Marquis de Calon, Saint-Estephe, France
Now with 6-years in the bottle – I think everyone should try a bottle and tell me this isn’t one of the greatest values on earth!! This wine is so spot on great. The nose of perfect evolution – with a complete spice box – cigar box – box of tools – box of fruit – a box of rocks… this is my heart in a box! This is the Goldie-lox of Bordeaux – not too hard, not too tight, not too young, just right…. And I think you will adore this wine.
A few reasons to purchase:
- Limited in inventory - we just want to make sure you know this wine will go fast
- On sale until sold out.
- This is a leading wine in its category
- This wine has a massive following and is the lowest price in the county at this moment (*Others may match us)
- This wine is recommended by Ian Blackburn, our wine buyer and Sommelier Educator at wineLA.com and winecloudinc.com
.We will be shipping daily - and can get you your wine in time for the holidays if ordered in time.
We feature COMPLIMENTARY DELIVERY within 20 miles of 90012 (on orders of $100 or more) or low cost delivery in Los Angeles on smaller orders.
Deliveries outside of 20 miles are flat rate $25 … we may adjust your delivery down if the cost is lower.
Out of state delivery is expensive but our prices are at or below cost and do get more competitive as you increase the size of the order.
Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays
- 2012 -
Marquis de Calon
from Calon Segur
• “My life is in Paulliac but my heart is in Saint-Estephe”
- Marquis de Segur, 18th Century
• This comment is why the heart appears on the Calon Segur label.
• Truth is that his wife was in Paulliac but his girlfriend was in Saint-Estephe!
Why I picked it:
• Saint-Estephe is an elite cabernet growing zone and this is one of the top Estates.
• 2012 was a great vintage – classic by all accounts.
• Not many 2012’s are available, the current release is 2016 here.
• This wine is now at 6 years old and optimal anytime a great cabernet / merlot blend is called for (every day that ends in a Y)
• This makes a great gift for your loved one… or someone you want to love.
• This appears almost nowhere – so you can take it to almost any restaurant and it goes with so many amazing foods.
Château Calon-Segur is the most northern of the classified wine estates in the Medoc. It is a Third Growth estate and is in the Saint-Estephe appellation. The 130+ acres are planted to 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc. Robert M. Parker Jr. has written that the estate “remains the most faithful to the traditional style of long-lived wines that are slow to evolve and blossom.” The Marquis wine is the 2nd wine of the Estate and represents 1/3rd of the total production. There is also a 3rd wine … so the Marquis is a great value with really solid quality. The Calon Segur 2012 is $125-150 a bottle – 93 points Wine Spectator The Marquis de Calon is $30 a bottle - 92 points Wine Enthusiast The Calon Segur 2012 (a beauty) – is many years away from drinking and its 5x’s more expensive. The 2012 Marquis is gorgeous! No wait necessary – but will age for years… Only a couple cases are available… so don’t wait.
by Ian Blackburn
– 92 Points –
In closing: Box this up and take a case of it… only a few cases are available! *free delivery inside of 20-miles* with a $100 minimum purchase and low cost delivery all over the USA! Yes – you can assort any wines on our website to get over $100 to get the FREE DELIVERY...