Seresin Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand, 2017 (CERTIFIED ORGANIC)
Overview of the Wine
Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
- Certified organic fruit was hand-picked primarily from our Noa vineyard with a small parcel from the Raupo vineyard.
- The Noa vineyards upper terrace is a mixture of Renwick and broadbridge soils, where as Raupo has rich clay bases soil on north facing slopes.
- The unique Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is comprised of 18 different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and two of Semillon, each picked from different blocks, which were then gently whole bunch pressed and fermented separately.
- The wine was naturally fermented using wild yeast, and 20% of the total blend was fermented in old French oak barriques to give complexity and texture.
- After nine months each parcel was tasted and selected for blending, to create a well-rounded and complex wine.
- Bottling Date: March 20, 2018
Grape / Blend
93% Sauvignon Blanc, 7% Semillon
Marlborough New Zealand
Pale yellow color with medium acidity, this biodynamic Sauvignon Blanc displays passion fruit, some stone fruits (peach, apricot and nectarine), with smokey oak and herbaceous notes on the nose.With a chalky mineral complexity, and finely textured palate of ripe tropical fruits, gooseberry, and citrus notes, framed by a fresh acidity to create a persistent, long finish.